Friday, June 25, 2010

Tiddlywinks

Bunco last night was just jolly (as usual) with lots of laughs, goofy conversation, and totally spaced out moments.  I know I'm tired when I start looking at the dice all laid out on the table and try to remember if I'm playing Yahtzee, Bunco, or Risk.  Next time we have Bunco there will be two babies there!  Woo-hoo!  They should both be well-accustomed to the sport since they have been attending Bunco regularly for the past few months.  Baby Rodgers was definitely eager to play and kept attempting to poke herself out of my right side.  Silly baby.

In other game news, Steve has been attempting to get me into strategy games.  I just plain ol' don't think as logically as he does and rarely do I see ahead far enough in the game to make really smart plays, but it has been fun.  Plus, he gets to win and that makes him happy.  It's all about having a swell marriage, right?  Our next goal is to master Axis and Allies (haha).

I saw the most a.dorable turtle crossing the highway in front of our house when I was driving to Bunco last night.  I love, love, love turtles (hence the registering for turtle-themed baby bath items at Target) and this little guy was so cute as he diligently stumped across the road.  It was a great temptation to stop and scoop him up and take him home, and I even called Steve about it, but I think that by the time I would have been organized enough to stop he would have been contentedly making his way through the neighbor's garden.

Here is a totally amazing recipe that meets my latest recipe requirements.  It is fast, tasty, inexpensive, and can be made entirely in a skillet which prevents my house from turning into an over-sized oven.  Whoever painted the windows shut on the west side of the house needs to pay our air conditioning bill, thank you very much.

Veggie Cheese Ravioli
1 package (9oz) refrigerated cheese ravioli
2 small zucchini, julienned
1 med onion, chopped
1 can (14oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
3/4 tablespoon Italian seasoning
3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese

Cook ravioli according to package directions.  Meanwhile, in a large skillet coating with cooking spray (I actually used olive oil here and it worked better), cook zucchini and onion until tender.  Stir in tomatoes, olives and Italian seasoning.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.  Drain ravioli and add to pan; stir gently to combine.  Sprinkle with cheese.  Makes 3 large servings.

This was yum, yum, yummy.

I've got a busy day ahead, which is nice.  Steve is working overtime on a day shift (I could so get used to this routine again...keep praying!), and I'm off to Kearney with Mom and the Heathens.  And there is stuff to get done before all of that happens.  Toodles!

0 comments:

Post a Comment