Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Scatteredness of Me

So this will be a quick, bulleted, disjointed kind of post.  I'm at the library and Steve is doing laps with HarriEd around the science fiction section - and I don't know how long she'll last.  I'll give a snippy-snappy little update on things:


  • We currently have a car!  To make a long story short, we found out about a Toyota Avalon in super-good shape with low mileage (for its age) that was owned by a couple who go to Levi's old church in Springfield.  (There are lots of other small world connections, but I won't dive into that right now.)  The car is really great for our needs right now and the owners said that we could use it until they get back from their trip and we figure out our money situation.  Praise the Lord!  Having a vehicle makes such a difference.
  • Steve had a job interview on Friday that went really well.  It was at a refrigeration manufacturer about an hour away, and even though the distance is a bit of a bummer, he has the chance to get some really good hours, benefits, AND if/when we decide to take more classes at Covenant, the job will only be about 20 minutes away from the school.  So that will be handy.  Now we're waiting to hear back in the next week or so.  I'm praying that he gets a day shift instead of swings. :-)
  • I was so grateful was Tessa was able to drive up from St. Louis yesterday to spend an afternoon baking cookies and making Valentine's Day crafts.  How fun to have a kindred spirit to talk with!  The cookies were a disaster (a tasty disaster, no less) and the crafts didn't get done...but we were talking and that was splendid.
  • I was able to set up my sewing machine this week and after a trip to that blessed place Hobby Lobby, I have been having so much fun.  Between sewing, pink nail polish, and two girly movies from Steve, I'm beginning to feel my feminine side revive.
  • HarriEd is a character.  She continues to devour pears and spit out bananas and demand to be the center of attention at all times.  Or else.  She is very close to crawling, which both amazes and terrifies me.
  • We need to get internet soon.  Or I need to get organdized about writing posts and saving them.
  • The End.
  • OH!  The husband is writing on his blog again.  (And I help because I'm the midnight brainstormer.)  Check it out here: Coffee Steve