The following was written on New Years Day, but through some fluke involving the Kindle, Steve, and Too Many Windows Open, the post was deleted. Thankfully, Mom's Google Reader saved it so thanks to a little copy/paste action, it as been recovered. For better or for worse.
Happy New Year!
Now is the time whilst I wait for supper to finish cooking and hack out something of the adventures and misadventures of 2012.
Last year's goal? Pop out a baby. Success! We have been enjoying sweet Edmund Paul for almost a whole year now. This is craziness, my friends. I keep wondering why he's fitting into 12-month sized clothes...could it be because he is nearly a whole year old?
Because my 2012 goal was somewhat limited and achieved at the beginning of the year, I had many months to happen across other random goals and have some interesting experiences. So here we have Amelia's Top Twelve of 2012 (in no particular order):
- Having Edmund.
- Harriet moving into her Big Girl Bed.
- Finishing a whole year of online classes through Calvary Bible College (just fifteen credits to go, peeps. So so so close.)
- Going to the Gospel Coalition's first National Women's Conference in Orlando.
- Taking the kids and their Granmom to Disneyworld after the aforementioned conference.
- Training for and completing a 5K.
- Steve switching to a day shift.
- Building our enormously wonderful privacy fence.
- Making a successful tiramisu
- Having our wonderful square foot garden.
- Watching Harriet grow and learn
- Celebrating three years of marriage with Mr. Wonderful.
Now, in looking ahead to 2013, my goals are simple:
- Read more
- Write more
- Take more pictures
I'm not sure what counts as "more" yet, but I think that increasing the amounts in these three categories will be extremely beneficial to little ol' me.
And the veggies and couscous are done and Harriet is pitching a fit because Shaun the Sheep is over.