Saturday, February 2, 2013

Pictures and such

Last week I got all of Edmund's First Year pictures printed and placed into a photo album.  This deserves some kind of FlyLady/Over-Achiever/Cool Mom prize because I'm not really sure how I happened to actually locate all of the needed pictures and get them all printed and find an appropriate album to house them.  But it happened and I'm glad to have one thing that I want to do actually accomplished.  It might make a difference that there were quite a bit fewer pictures of Mr. Second-born.  And I didn't think of doing this with the kids' pictures until Harriet was already two years old, so I have a lot of catching up to do with hers.


The thing that cracks me up when I look at a year's worth of pictures of Harriet or Edmund is that they look exactly the same as newborns, infants, and toddlers.  Of course, they change physically (and thankfully lose that awful newborn alien look) and they develop personalities, etc, but the expressions both kids made as fresh-into-the-world-people are the ones they make today.  Harriet still looks as though she is trying to make the world succumb to her will through her intense stare.  And Edmund still looks basically chill and jolly.  It's funny, and not an unusual situation I'm sure.

Speaking of pictures, when I was sorting through Edmund's photographic documentation, I found the extras/outtakes from our family Christmas card shoot.  Granted, these are from October-ish, so they are old.  But they are pretty funny and since my camera is still MIA, this is what you get:











 







Wait.  Where did the hobbit come from?





"They're taking the Hobbits to Isengard!"
All credit goes to Clara who is ready at a moment's notice when I say things like: QUICK!  We're wearing socially acceptable clothing that kind of coordinates and both of the kids took naps this afternoon!