Monday, January 25, 2010

Grace and Every Day Life

The weather has been frightfully dreary this week. The skies are grey, the wind is blowing like mad, and it is cold, cold, cold. I was sensing yesterday that my spiritual walk matched the dreariness of the day. The lies kept whispering in my mind: you're not spiritual enough; you don't love God enough; your priorities are all out of whack. I was beginning to think that the best thing to do would be to become a hermit and spend every day doing nothing but "spiritual" things. At least I would feel better that way. I was sick of fighting against the lies.

But God knew even more my need for a gentle reminder of His infinite love and grace. Last night we met for our family worship time at Clevi's house and the thesis for the evening was "God gives us grace and peace." The songs were centered around that theme, the responsive reading, the message, everything. It was exactly what I needed to have preached at me over and over and over again...and not just me preaching to myself, but the Word of God penetrating my proud and self-centered heart. Yes, His grace was irresistibly extended to me for my salvation and it continues irresistibly into my sanctification. That means into my Every Day Life - from getting out of bed and trying not to throw up, to going to work, to cooking dinner, to being a wife. It is as wondrously free in the Every Day Life as it was for salvation - and all because of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. Romans 5:1-2

Praise the Savior, ye that know him!

(Oh! Here comes the sun. *hums* Do, do, do-do.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment