Steve and I had a lot of t-shirts taking up space in our dresser drawers. They couldn't exactly join the Pile-Of-Goodwill-Clothes-That-Never-Gets-Taken because the majority of these shirts contained nostalgic value. So, just in case I didn't have enough projects to work on, Saturday marked the beginning of a T-Shirt Quilt.
I found some directions online but ended up just doing my own thing. I cut a 12x12 template out of cardboard and used it to trace squares on the t-shirts. Some of the shirts had designs on the front and back, so that was great for getting extra squares. I ended up with 20 squares - enough to make a decently-sized quilt. Then I sewed 1 3/4" strips of muslin to the edges to make a sashing and...there you go. I'm most definitely not (and shall I repeat not) a quilter, but this is a fun project that doesn't require too much accuracy. Now all that remains is to put the batting and backing on, tie the quilt, and bind it.
All that remains. Oof.