Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Craftiness

Happy Cinco de Mayo, everybodeeeee!  (Oh dear, we have Italian food on the menu tonight - should I switch it?)

Last Friday was Teri's last day of work at the soda fountain.  She has worked there for 5.5 years and is totally amazing.  We wanted to give her something to commemorate her time at the soda fountain and the time spent with us, so I made this last week:


It was a super easy and relatively inexpensive project: you just need a shadow box (the "scrapbooking" shadow boxes were about $20 cheaper than the shadow boxes in the framing section of Hobby Lobby), some fun 12x12 paper and a bunch of stickers, pictures, and knick-knacks.  As you can tell, I included bits of old menus, a mint, the heading from the daily newspaper that she always read, and a wooden nickel.  Steve helped me find the great bottle cap letters, as well as the glass of pop (which is actually an eraser).  I don't even like scrapbooking all that much, but this was really fun.

Speaking of work, I need to get ready to head in that direction.  *peeks outside*  Ack, the wind doth bloweth again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment