Steve: I hope someone knows that something is burning. I mean, we could be the only ones and we won't have called the fire department because we're lazy and we want to go to bed.
Amelia: Yeah. I don't want to be burnt to a crisp.
Steve: It's nice not to have any real attachments to our possessions, though.
Amelia: I've often thought about what I would grab if we had a fire.
Steve: I say we just grab the pots and go. That's easy.
Yes, we are both madly in love with our set of Le Creuset pots and baking ware. As I pondered our insufferable infatuation today at work, I made a list of ten reasons why we love Le Creuset. Here goes.
- They come in adorable colors. Who wouldn't want to cook with such cheerful colors staring back at you?
- They say "Made in France" on the bottom.
- They clean up beautifully. Seriously, I had this meatloaf crusted in the bottom of this little fellow and without even giving it a chance to soak, the nasties came off with the Octopus Scrubber. Right away. Joy.
- They can be used as a weapon. The enameled cast iron would definitely succeeded in laying someone out if it met their head. I feel confident in my kitchen.
- They are featured on Julie and Julia. We love that movie, and the Le Creuset sealed the deal.
- The enameled stoneware/cast iron does away with all of the fumes and contamination of Teflon. It's environmentally friendly! (Okay, that's cheesy, but whatever.)
- There are tons of matchy-matchy accessories. My personal favourite is the most recent addition of Le Creuset to our kitchen: the Utensil Crock in the Dijon color.
- They double as exercise equipment, for much of the same reasons as No. 4.
- It was Steve's idea to put them on our wedding registry.
- They make food friendly. And that makes us happy.
Pardon the messy stove.