Sunday, February 21, 2010

Something happened...

...one year ago today-ish.

 

We got engaged.

(I say "today-ish" because I'm not sure when it was.  It went something like this: Steve and I met in the middle at my parents' house when my mom was recovering from serious complications following surgery.  It had been a rough day with hospitals and babysitting and cooking meals and such.  Finally, everyone was in bed...except for Justin [the future best man] who was snoring in our living room recliner.  Steve suggested that we go outside.  It was 11-something at night and the middle of February, but we got bundled up and out we went onto the porch.  After talking for who knows how long, Steve said, "I think we should just get married."  And I said, "Okay."  Therefore, I don't know if it was the 21st or the 22nd of February.  But on the 22nd, we went to the hospital and make a pros/cons chart of an appropriate wedding date on the wipe-off board in my mom's hospital room.  We went to the Bonfire and shared a burger because we only had $20 between the two of us.  And then Steve bought me a wonderful plastic engagement ring at Alco which I wore for the next five months.  The end.)

4 comments:

BethanyH said...

Awesome! Congratulations on a special anniversary!

Jennifer Rodgers said...

Wow! It all happened so fast! Congrats again!

Clara Williams said...

Aren't you glad I made you take that photo??

BeckyLove said...

good job Clara. I had this pic and your wed date on my bulletin board at work for those shot 5 months (i'm sure they didn't seem short)! I had to brag to everyone... <3

Post a Comment