(We won't discuss the part when I broke the tall vase bought specifically for the project. Nor will we mention when the hydrangeas on the back of the toilet scared the dickens out of me while making a midnight jaunt into the bathroom. Yeeps.)
Do you ever pray about something, and say that you trust that God will "make a way when there seems to be no way," etc, and then end up being totally floored when he does make an amazing way? That happened to me this week. We have been praying heartily for months for an opportunity for us to be in ministry and for Steve to pursue graduate studies at seminary. I thought we had the perfect idea, but nothing seemed to be moving in that direction. Then, early this week, Steve got an email that may result in both desires happening in ways that neither of us could have imagined even a few months ago. I'll have to give more details when I know/can give more details, but needless to say, we are excited.
This has been a crazy ol' week, thanks to church ladies' meetings, random volunteering, and a super-quick overnight trip to Omaha to get Dave to the airport. Then it's back to work for both of us. Ho-hum.
I am extraordinarily grateful to be married to someone who:
- doesn't get grossed out by my throwing up
- will drive out to Runza and pick up cinnamon rolls because I didn't have time to make them due to the first bullet point
- sits and works on things at the soda fountain so that I don't get lonely when I'm working
- does the budget stuff wholeheartedly
- is excited about future possibilities and works hard to do his part in getting to those possibilities
- likes spicy food
- lets me sob convulsively for 45 minutes without getting freaked out
- enthusiastically recreates sappy pictures in front of PF Chang's:
(This is when we knew that we were meant for each other but didn't say anything about it circa Thanksgiving 2008.)
(This is after we did something about the aforementioned conclusion circa March 2010. Now we can touch each other.)